Skip to main content

Abundance at the End of the Year

This year has been a very wonderful year in the sewing room.  I have completed this year's work load and found that my deadlines have been met, clients are happy and I can enjoy my family.  I recently read a book called, "The Art of Abundance".  The title caught my eye in the store--so being the sort of person that enjoys "abundance"--I purchased the book.

I sat by our Christmas tree in the corner of our living room parusing (meaning: to read or examine with great care) through the book.  My favorite saying for the evening was: "Abundance--the swish of taffeta and the sheen of silk."  Now they are speaking my language.  As I sat and reflected on what it was that I liked so much about that statement, I realized that my last three jobs for the year were out of beautiful silks and swishing taffeta.  My, my--how good is the abundance of beautiful fabrics.

Here are a few photos of the taffeta fabric. Buffalo check, full length side panels, scalloped and pleated valance.  Covered button accent.

These next two clients chose silk fabrics.  The swags in this treatment were turned on the bias giving it more interest and then embellished with moderate sized gold bullion fringe.  Beautiful yellow silk panels were interlined and pleated for stately beauty.  Nothing can compare.  Evening installation--thus the dark windows.




These pictures show off my fancy work and make me extremely thankful for clients that love beautiful fabrics.  Annie S. did a great job selecting fabrics to rest on her chocolate brown walls.  There is nothing wrong with an abundance of beautiful things--fabric included.

JoAnn G. has a large window, facing north, in her dining room.  The presence of light and fabric selection were key to the success of this room.  We chose a silk fabric with diamond stitching and banded three sides with burgundy red silk.  The attention to detail sets this room apart.  Three inch PVC pipe was used as the rod which was over 150" wide and large finials were placed at each end.



I hope your Christmas is full of abundance in the very things you need.  If you are looking for wonderful window treatments, give me a call.  The new year promises great things for you and for me.

Comments

  1. Oh how I love those fabrics! I, of course, am your biggest fan. The plaid is my favorite...people don't use it enough. Thanks for sharing and I hope 2010 is wonderful for you and your family.

    Love
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just Beautiful! I pray that 2010 is full of "abundance" for your family!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Luggage tags

When it is time to travel, it is time to have a personalized luggage tag.  Happy Travels.

Kitchen Window Looks Complete

 The homeowners have a view from every side of their home.  It is beautiful.  Not much needs to be said or done when it comes to making these windows look great.  You enjoy the view so much, I think you might not even see the treatments.  However, I was asked to do the treatments for this home.  My son actually built this home.  It was a great project and the attention to detail is what makes this home stand out above the rest.  This is the kitchen window.  I kept the treatment simple as you can see.  Bold fabric, beaded trim, slight scallop all on tension rod. Breakfast room has two french doors in the bay that walks out to the patio.  Using the same fabric on black rods I made sure not to cover up the view in any way.  It was just perfect for the space.

Pink and Polka Dots

The French doors to this little girl's bedroom are lightly covered with sheer white dotted Swiss fabric. This creates a semi-private feel.  The girls are only 2 and 3 years old.  So parents peeking in once in a while is expected.   This room had two windows that balloon shades on a tension rod were installed.  Some sheer dotted Swiss panels were added to again create privacy for the girls.     The tie backs on the french doors were one of the stripes from the fabric turned and fastened in place. Over each bed a flowered corona was placed and sheer dotted Swiss panels and valance were hung.  Each girl sleeps in a big girl bed and feels like a princess.  The chandelier is pink and clear crystals.  Adorable!