Skip to main content

Thankful for "personalized" clients

  The month of November is always a short month it seems to me.  I am busy sewing for everyone that wants their treatments before the holidays, cutting out a full week of actual workroom production to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday with my family.  I have many customers who are patient, fun to be with and excited about their new purchases for their home.

These photos are from one of my most favorite clients, Pat M.  She always has fun ideas and is so willing to let me do my thing.  Her girls recently moved from sharing a guest room to having their own rooms personalized just for their personalities.  They are darling girls and the joy of their parents' hearts.


Alicia is an accomplished horseman, riding, competing and as you can see--winning.  Her room has a very feminine equestrian theme with custom painted walls that gives room to display her ribbons as they abound.  Pink and brown stripes around the upper edge of the bedroom, with polka dots scattered in her private bath.  Shower curtain and matching towels complete her area. The cornice added the finishing touches giving her ribbons another place to be displayed.




Jessica's room has pale yellow walls with polka dots and squiggles all over.  The pillows on her bed have an embroidered letter on each one that spell her name.  Her mother told me that she does not like to make the bed--so I thought perhaps it would be more fun to make if you got to spell you name every day.  That thinking worked her mother told me later.  She immediately made her bed.  Hurray for Jessica.  Now I wonder how to get my son to take out the trash. Hmmm.


Her bathroom has a matching shower curtain and stripes painted around the mirror above the sink.  The attention to detail was great fun and pulls the rooms together.  She loves her room.  The matching padded headboard is nice to lean against while reading in bed.  She has a cornice covered in coordinating fabric
and straight side panels. 


The girls were so happy with their rooms they called me and thanked me personally.  No wonder I like what I do.  It is so much fun and so rewarding.

Hope you find a whole bunch of things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.  Enjoy your family, food and time together.  Life is good.  I  am continually thankful for all He has provided.  Take time to thank Him for all your blessings and provisions. 
Happy Thanksgiving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luggage tags

When it is time to travel, it is time to have a personalized luggage tag.  Happy Travels.

Kitchen Window Looks Complete

 The homeowners have a view from every side of their home.  It is beautiful.  Not much needs to be said or done when it comes to making these windows look great.  You enjoy the view so much, I think you might not even see the treatments.  However, I was asked to do the treatments for this home.  My son actually built this home.  It was a great project and the attention to detail is what makes this home stand out above the rest.  This is the kitchen window.  I kept the treatment simple as you can see.  Bold fabric, beaded trim, slight scallop all on tension rod. Breakfast room has two french doors in the bay that walks out to the patio.  Using the same fabric on black rods I made sure not to cover up the view in any way.  It was just perfect for the space.

Pink and Polka Dots

The French doors to this little girl's bedroom are lightly covered with sheer white dotted Swiss fabric. This creates a semi-private feel.  The girls are only 2 and 3 years old.  So parents peeking in once in a while is expected.   This room had two windows that balloon shades on a tension rod were installed.  Some sheer dotted Swiss panels were added to again create privacy for the girls.     The tie backs on the french doors were one of the stripes from the fabric turned and fastened in place. Over each bed a flowered corona was placed and sheer dotted Swiss panels and valance were hung.  Each girl sleeps in a big girl bed and feels like a princess.  The chandelier is pink and clear crystals.  Adorable!