Skip to main content

Beautiful Silk Draperies

This client, Cheryl, selected a "most beautiful" embroidered silk fabric for her living room.  Each bank of windows flanked the fireplace.  The brick went to the ceiling and so did the swags and side panels.  The panels were 246" long and the swag was 10 feet wide.  That is one jumbo swag. Or in this case--two swags.

 It is on its way up.  Two men, two ladders and one beautiful swag.  Fits perfect.  Now for the side panel.


As I took some of these photos I found breathing difficult.  Didn't think I had a fear of heights. Keep in mind,  I never left the ground or set one foot on the ladder.  I was "overdone" for the installers that climbed half way to heaven to install this job.  Thank you so much to my terrific installers.  They never even flinched.  I guess I was "flinching" for them. 

 Is that not B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L?  Personally, swags are my all time favorite.  And with luxurious fabric.  It is a win-win situation.
 The right side of the room is finished.

 The left side is finished.  Now all we have to do is pack up the ladders.
 I spent the rest of the day just floating.  I was happy with the installation and the way the treatment looked.  Now for the best part.  The client called me the very next morning at 8:30 AM to tell me how pleased she was with the entire process.  That is what makes what I do--all worth it.  I am now breathing fine and that brings comfort to my soul. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luggage tags

When it is time to travel, it is time to have a personalized luggage tag.  Happy Travels.

Kitchen Window Looks Complete

 The homeowners have a view from every side of their home.  It is beautiful.  Not much needs to be said or done when it comes to making these windows look great.  You enjoy the view so much, I think you might not even see the treatments.  However, I was asked to do the treatments for this home.  My son actually built this home.  It was a great project and the attention to detail is what makes this home stand out above the rest.  This is the kitchen window.  I kept the treatment simple as you can see.  Bold fabric, beaded trim, slight scallop all on tension rod. Breakfast room has two french doors in the bay that walks out to the patio.  Using the same fabric on black rods I made sure not to cover up the view in any way.  It was just perfect for the space.

Pink and Polka Dots

The French doors to this little girl's bedroom are lightly covered with sheer white dotted Swiss fabric. This creates a semi-private feel.  The girls are only 2 and 3 years old.  So parents peeking in once in a while is expected.   This room had two windows that balloon shades on a tension rod were installed.  Some sheer dotted Swiss panels were added to again create privacy for the girls.     The tie backs on the french doors were one of the stripes from the fabric turned and fastened in place. Over each bed a flowered corona was placed and sheer dotted Swiss panels and valance were hung.  Each girl sleeps in a big girl bed and feels like a princess.  The chandelier is pink and clear crystals.  Adorable!